With Amy! (This is the part where you all clap because I’m so awesome…. No? Okay…) Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today’s topic is…
Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read
1) Inheritance by Christopher Paolini – Sorry, Liz! (She’s been trying to get me to read it for ages) I read the first three books, and I’ve seen the movie. Although they weren’t unappealing (well, the movie wasnt too great, but it doesn’t count because I genuinely enjoyed looking at the guy who played Eragon), they were all really long and I felt like the first 100 pages of each book was dry and just gave my mouth a bad taste. After the climax, everything would go really fast, so I have mostly good memories about the books, but… Well, you know. It doesn’t help that Inheritance is GINORMOUS! Its the biggest book in the series, and I bet it’s an inch and a half thick! I’ve checked it out from the library a few times, but its just… I have better things to do. I can’t go around wasting my time reading a book for three weeks when I could be reading something interesting. Or watching Drop Dead Diva. (If you haven’t noticed by now that I frequently mention this show, I do. And I’m obsessed with it.) Sorry, it’s just not happening.
2) If I Stay by Gayle Forman – I know, I know, a bunch of you are probably ready to jump at me screaming. Everyone’s read this book. Not me. It’s just, well, I don’t know. Something about it has made me find it unappealing. Really, I have nothing against it. Well, actually, I might end up reading this. It depends on what Nikki thinks of it. She might forcefully make me read it…
3) Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver – Love this author. Honestly. I was obsessed with the Delirium series. But something makes me weary of the rest of her books. It doesn’t help that Goodreads says its a lights on kind of book…
4) Tell Us We’re Home by Marin Budhos – I actually own this one. *sheepish grin* It’s just, it’s about black girls. No, not trying to be racist here (honestly I love them just asuch as the next person), but books about (I’m already wincing for you) black people are, while often teaching a valuable life lesson, sad and heartbreaking. And honestly, I know books aren’t actually REAL LIFE but I don’t like to be sad. Or heartbroken. I’m a generally happy kind of girl. So… Yeah. Do you hate me now?
5) Dove Arising by Karen Bao – I just… I can’t get an actual copy of the book at the library , only an audiobook. I don’t really have any way to listen to those unless they’re on my Nook! So, yeah. Plus, I just feel like this is a take it or leave it book.
6) Lies I told by Michelle Zink – I dunno. This is sad; I don’t even have an explanation for this one!
7) The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows – My smile is beginning to fade.
8) The Shadowland Mediator by Meg Cabot – Okay, this is flat out depressing.
9) Also Known As Harper by Ann Haywood Leal – When do I get to stop???!!!???
10) Twilight by Stephenie Meyer – Alright, this one I do have something to say about. But I’m pretty sure it’s only because I currently have the cheery thought that after this book I get to stop! Anyway, I realize people have a love/hate relationship going on with this book. But when I’m truly indecisive about whether or not to read a book (because, you know, those are big life decisions) I turn to my closest friends. Which is all you guys! Plus all the people I know from real life. Well, actually, scratch that. Most of the people I know in real life don’t like to read. So, it’s my three closest friends that like to read! 😉 One of them reads mostly science fiction and has not read these books. Another has read them and is infatuated (am I using that word right?) with the series. But I don’t personally think she always has the best taste in books. Wait, why is she in this anyway? *smacks forehead* I am ridiculous. Hehe. The third is – you guessed it – Nikki! Nikki had read the series and has told me they were so-so but The Immortal Rules was better. And since many people online (Yes, of course you count in these life changing decisions!) tell me they don’t care for it, well, I’m taking your word for it! I can use the time to instead read Vampire Academy (whatever the second book is) and The Forever Song. 🙂
Thanks for reading my post! I know the topic was a bit short and a little depressing *wipes away fake tears* but hopefully the topic next week will be a bit more light hearted! Happy reading! Alright goodbye now; I’ve dragged this out way too long! 😉 Oh wait! Just one more thing (Sorry, I’ll make it quick. I know you all have better things to do . Like reading.) Anyway, expect a book haul post! I just recently ordered five books from Amazon (four of them came out today) and hopefully we can convince Nikki to share some of the books from her library bin. 🙂 Okay, it’s goodbye for real this time!