Well hello everybody and how do you do! Back so soon, Nikki? Nope! It’s Amy here! Okay, before you all shower me with hugs and kisses, I must apologize. I haven’t posted in, how long? OVER A MONTH!!! (36 days, to be exact…) Even Nikki (No offense intended. ;-)) has been keeping up better than I have! Anyway, school started without a hitch, but somewhere in there I lost my iPod for 3 to 4 weeks. Uh, whoops? My mom actually found it. *guilty face* So you have her to thank. Anyway, I did post on Instagram the day after (or so), but I just haven’t gotten around to making a post here. Today I finally checked my texts, and Nikki had told me a week ago that she had posted, so I checked it out! Then, of course, I felt so incredibly guilty that I had to write a post. Wow, where to begin? I feel like I have so much to tell you, and catch up on, and… Well, I do!
First off, Nikki has come up with some FANTASTIC ideas for weekly memes, which I am hoping to start very soon. 🙂 As I’m sure you have all noticed, we’ve both had a tough time keeping up with Top Ten Tuesday and What Are You Reading Wednesday, so we most likely will not continue with those very often if at all after we get the new ones going. (Although if she comes up with any more ideas we won’t be able to keep up with those either! Hehe.) Since I missed so many TTTs and WAYRWs, I plan on sharing one book for each missed topic and telling you about my current reads.
I loved reading this book; I am a huge fan of retellings if they are done right, and I really liked this one. I appreciated how Sharzad’s (spelling?) motivation was friendship and not romance. Not saying that the romance was bad! Hehehe.
Okay, I’m not really a girl of many words, so if you want the long version I suggest you take a look-see at Nikki’s most recent post. However- I most definitely have the same opinion. I WENT THROUGH THREE MONTHS OF ANGUISH FOR THAT PIECE OF JUNK????? Jeez-a-wheez, Eadlyn was just so stuck-up and shallow, and her parents babied her so much. Speaking of which, HER PARENTS!?! America completely lost the fire that we all loved her for. And THAT ENDING THOUGH… Not fair! Now go look at Nikki’s post for the full rant ‘n’ rave.
A Series I Haven’t Finished Yet: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Whaaaat? You say. Wasn’t she just raving about that series a couple of paragraphs ago? Yup. Key word is yet. I read the first three, but haven’t gotten around to QoS yet. I realize it only came out a couple weeks ago, but I had meant to preorder it, and- you guessed it- forgot. So I am definitely planning on getting a copy soon!
This is the last TTT, promise. A friend of mine actually recommended this series to me. I was skeptical, because I didn’t think he was my style, but I was on a bit of a slump, so I gave it a shot. I love the fast pace and lots of action! I just recently finished Max, and I would definitely recommend the books to any fans of science fiction. 🙂
Because of Nikki’s earlier mentioned meme ideas, this is probably the last or one of the last WAYRWs that I will do! 😦 (Sorry to all who loved it; it really just isn’t that much of a crowd-pleaser on our blog.) Technically, I believe I’m reading 3 books, so sit tight!
In case you haven’t heard of it, What Are You Reading Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Its A Reading Thing. Simply answer these three easy questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your ebook and share one complete sentence.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
1. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi –
2. “He wanted to believe it was a mistake. That Talon was well and would live to see another year. But scents never lied.” This quote reveals 3 big things- Talon’s illness, Perry’s nose, and Perry’s relationship with Talon. On an unrelated note, it also almost made me cry….
3. No way. Their world is just so messed up. I mean, the Aether? It can’t get much worse than that.
2. “‘We haven’t introduced ourselves to Lily.’ Azalea pushed a smile: ‘It’s her first day here, and all we’ve done is cry at her. It won’t do.'”
3. I’m not really sure; I only know a bit about the princesses’ lives on the palace, and I don’t know anything about a life outside the palace.
2. I’ve actually only just started this one, so I’ll do one from page ten. “Four shapes wobble toward us, heat shaking their silhouettes in illusions of waves. But they’re unmistakable even at this distance, and my breath catches in relief.”
3. Again, no idea, I’ve barely made any headway with this.
Well, that’s all I have time for today, guys! It would be awesome if you guys could leave me a note saying you dropped by; I’d love to hear from you and I need to catch up on all of your blogs!