What am I, 6?
Hey guys! 👋🏻 (Do you have a better idea?) So, it’s Amy, because in case you didn’t know, Nikki did not do the read-a-thon. Alright, so I’m feeling pretty pathetic over here, because I promised you all a post on Thursday/Friday and Sunday in what, September? And, well, here we are in NOVEMBER (gosh Amy!) with those posts mysteriously never published… But hey, at least I’m not as big of a procrastinator as Nikki, right? Hehe. Anyway. First, let’s take a look at the goals. (You can see the full post here if you missed it; I’ll just cover the basics.) The objectives were:
* Read a total of three (3) books;
* To read at least 150 pages per day;
* To read a book with the colour orange and/or brown on the cover;
* To read a book out of your comfort zone (a book from a genre you don’t normally read);
* To read a book with a word in the title that’s associated with autumn (autumn itself, leaf, acorn, chestnut, spider, cobweb, Halloween, etc…) – Thank you Michelle for this idea;
* To read a book that scares you (whether it’s a horror book, a book that intimidates you, you can pick up whatever reason for a book you scare you)
The books I wanted to read were Snow Like Ashes, Thirteen Reasons Why, and Catching Fire. (They covered all of those requirements) So… Let’s see how I did!
Tuesday I read Snow Like Ashes pages 194-416, which is 222 pages.
Wednesday I read Thirteen Reasons Why pages 66-236, which is 160 pages.
Thursday I read Thirteen Reasons Why pages 236-288 and Don’t Judge a Girl by her Cover pages 1-263, which is 315 pages.
Firday I read Catching Fire pages 1-212, which is obviously 212 pages.
Satuday I read Catching Fire pages 212-405 and The Maze Runner pages 1-384, which is 577 pages. (I was completely free of obligations on this day haha)
And although the read-a-thon technically went through Sunday, I forgot to keep track of my pages. 🙂
So that’s pretty much it for my read-a-thon! I did have a great time though. 😄 Speaking of which, I’m sorry for not posting yesterday! I ended up going shopping again (I promise I don’t do this all the time! Honest!) and I had this GINORMOUS ice cream shake, so I didn’t end up making anything, and today I had ice cream as well (I promise I don’t eat ice cream all the time either! Really!) so I haven’t made anything. Ugh! Look at my pathetic:
I’m such a failure! Haha, I will try to do better though. In further news, I am STILL on Cinder! WHAAAAAAAT!?! I’m sorry my beautiful books, I’ve been abnormally busy lately! I’d really like to do a lot of reading tomorrow, as I THINK I’m pretty much free all afternoon. I hope. I still have all these books to get to! Look at this nonsense!
Cinder’s not even that long of a book! Jeez, self! I’m about 300 pages in, so…
If you remember from yesterday’s post, I got myself a ginormous list while at the library! I will have to start tackling it as SOON as rereads week is over! Here goes:
- The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
- Through Her Eyes by Jennifer Archer
- Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares
- The Cooper Gauntlet by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
- Tiny Pretty Things
- Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell
- Illusionarium by Heather Dixon
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (I actually did get this one- I couldn’t help myself)
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (You’re going to laugh at me for asking this, but… How do you pronounce Rowell?)
- Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas
- The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
- Finnikin of the Rock
- Perchance to Dream by Mantchev
- Splintered by A.G. Howard
- Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
- The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
- World After by Susan Ee
- Happy face by Stephen Emond
- Half Bad by Sally Green
- Burn for Burn
- We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon
- Wings by Aprilynne Pike
- Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors
Not all of these have authors, but if you would like to know one, I’m sure I could tell you!
Like I say, I didn’t make anything yesterday or today, but I should be going strong from here on out! And I would REALLY REALLY REALLY love it if you could suggest some to me! (I LOVE CHOCOLATE AND PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING ELSE TOO)
Okay guys, I must be going now! More Sadness…