Apologies to you all for the uncreative title! You know me- alright, I have no idea where I was taking that. I simply don’t have the TIME (or the energy, to be completely honest) to think up a good one. But enough about that. Hey, wait! I haven’t even told you who this is! It could be anybody! Maybe not anybody- anyway. It’s Amy. Good to meet you, yes you, the newcomer in the back! And it’s always nice to see some friendly faces over there! *waves* I’m starting this late Sunday night, so just pretend it’s Sunday when you read this, because I’m guessing it won’t get posted for a few days. I may have disappeared for a week or so, but in the meantime, I read 4 books (!) and got my hair cut! A haircut doesn’t sound blogworthy, but my hair was really long before, and I cut off 10-11 inches. It’s just past my shoulders! Eek! Moving right along. I can tell those are your politely interested faces. (Is anyone else noticing that I keep telling myself to get to the point and I still haven’t?) ANYWAY! My dear, amazing, fantastic, talented, creative, imaginative, let’s not give her a big head, co-blogger Nikki has thought yet ANOTHER amazing idea for a meme! (Speaking of which, I missed my Recently Finished Friday because of family stuff, and am REALLY regretting it. The number of books is growing WAY TOO FAST!!!) Have you figured out where this is going yet? (I saw you roll your eyes! Yes, you! Okay, you too. And you. ACK I’M SORRY GUYS) Don’t worry, you don’t have to guess. Here we go:
(Nikki has a really cool edit that she used, but I’m just going with this one for now because I already had it made.) Shout-out Sunday is the super awesome meme I’ve been babbling about for that entire paragraph! You can see Nikki’s post that explains everything way better here. Check it out if you haven’t already! I promise it’s worth your time. I can’t wait to start! Let’s move on to the rules: (I edited them slightly, just because Nikki added some comments that wouldn’t make sense for me to say.)
- Include one shout-out for an “old” blog (Old meaning you discovered it a while ago; it doesn’t matter when they started blogging.) that you’ve loved for a long time now. Please try to limit yourself to one old blog per post so you don’t run out due to the fact that this is supposed to be (Key words.) a weekly meme. 🙂
- Include one or two (If you really want to you can include up to three or four, but no more than that so you don’t bore your audience.) “new” blog/blogs. (Again, it doesn’t matter when they started blogging, just when you discovered them.)
- Include one or two shout-outs for posts that you absolutely loved this week. You don’t even have to have loved them; they just could have been posts that made you think or stuck with you throughout your week.
- Extra Credit that’s sort of required: Include one or more book shout-outs (After all, this is a bookish meme. 🙂. Along with the book title and author and cover picture, if you can, please include your rate on a scale of one to ten and also either a synopsis and or a link to the Goodreads page.
- More Extra Credit that’s sort of encouraged but not enforced: This part is just something fun and cute that will help your followers get to know you better. Include two or more songs that you’ve been addicted to this week (This is my favorite part.) and why you love them if you can explain it. Sometimes you can’t. 🙂 If you like visual media (Fancy.), include either a TV show or movie, or both, that you loved this week.
I can see already that this could be a while, so I better stay on track! Before I start, I do want to mention, though, that I have been absent for about a week, so I haven’t been around to visit any of you! I apologize and I will try to get to that soon, but I have a new schedule that is even busier than before!
- I know exactly who to do for my “old” blog. This person is someone that I can relate to, talk to, and squeal about books with! Wave hi to Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff! Michelle is absolutely amazing. For one thing, she’s a hufflepuff, and for you newbies out there, I’m a hufflepuff and proud of it! I think Hufflepuffs don’t get nearly as much attention as the other houses and they SHOULD! Of course, I love Gryffindor and Ravenclaw and okay, Slytherin can be on there too (I suppose if I have to), but I’m so interested in Hufflepuff! Back to Michelle. She was one of our very first followers- scratch that, she WAS our first follower! I want to give her about one infinity (HA) hugs for putting her faith in us and clicking that button even though we were completely unorganized and confused and… Exactly like newborns. I’ve been wanting to give her a shout-out ever since I forgot to put her on the Blogging Awards of 2015! Although I loved all my choices, I really wanted to mention Michelle and all her wonderfulness. I pounded my head thinking about this for like five minutes before it began to hurt and I forced myself to stop. Silly me. She has the CUTEST about me page. Go check it out!
- Nikki, I’m allowed to do every single one of our followers, right? Right? RIGHT??? No??? *sad face* Well. Although I want to list all of you (I should start keeping a record of who I feature. I need to do these posts, like, ALL THE TIME), that’s obviously nowhere near realistic. For this section, I’m going to try to list one or two of our MOST recent followers. Kay? Kool. (Let’s not do that again.) The first blog I’d like to feature here is Psychochromatic Redemption. Although I haven’t been on this blog in a while (I seem to have developed some sort of issue with the whole- oh, I don’t know- FOLLOWING people and KEEPING UP with their blogs thing.), I really love the blogger, the theme, the poems, and her love for books. I really like her writing style; it is simple but wonderful at the same time. I don’t feel like I should list anyone else here. I really haven’t met anyone new! Hopefully you will see some more next week.
- Oh boy. I literally had to go and look at some of my favorite blogs for this. How pathetic. *cries*
- A review of Model Misfit on The Writing Hufflepuff– I’ve already told you how amazing Michelle is, so obviously she writes great reviews. Basically, I read Geek Girl and LOVED IT (It’s one of those I really need to tell you guys about and will probably never get around to doing it. Who said that? Certainly not me…) and had absolutely NO IDEA that there was a sequel! And a sequel’s sequel! What am I going to do with myself? Apparently Model Misfit takes place in JAPAN and has plenty of Nick in it, so I can’t wait to get my hands on this pretty book!
- Some nostalgia over on Quenching the Quill– “When Band-aids can fix all your wounds”. What an interesting title to go with such an interesting topic! This post definitely goes in the “makes you think” category. Nirvana (Is that right? I hope that’s right…) wrote about how it used to be that everything was simpler, but now everything has changed. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. I don’t mean that in a bad way, promise! 🙂
- BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!!! I’ve found a lot of awesome new books lately, but the one most intriguing to me is actually my current read! A World Away by Nancy Grossman is one that I actually found while looking for books to fulfill the Popsugar challenges (Love that thing!). It is about a teenage Amish girl that is itching to learn more about the “fanciful” life- and actually experience it for herself. The entire concept is so interesting and I’m really liking it so far.
- AHHHHH!!! I ACTUALLY STARTED LISTENING TO MUSIC!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??? Okay, I need to calm down. (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT IT’S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!) I have just recently started listening to music. I honestly really didn’t before! (THE HORROR) Although I listen to many different styles of music and like different songs from different genres just fine, “my style” has (funnily enough) been described as punk rock or alternative. These are a few that I JUST CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF!!!
- The Phoenix by Fallout Boy
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fallout Boy
- Just One Yesterday by Fallout Boy (Nikki likes Fallout Boy, okay?)
- Breakaway by The Script
- Try by Colbie Caillat
This sadly brings us to the end of this…. Very lengthy post. I wouldn’t say it rivals Nikki’s, but it comes pretty close! Wow! Over 1500 words and counting! Well, I better wrap this up. Really. 😀 Please comment and ask/talk about the meme, books, A World Away, Fallout Boy, MUSIC, or say hi! You know I love hearing from you! Lots of love and hugs are being transmitted electronically. They should be arriving right about…
You got them, right? Good. XD Have a great morning/afternoon/night everybody! I’ll be back soon to talk about some books. Toodles! 🙂