Hey there! Amy Lou is BACK! So… I’m completely aware that my last post was over a week ago, and although I find this completely disappointing (for me, that is), I’ve realized that at this point in the year, it’s simply not possible for me to post all the time (or even regularly), because I’m just too busy! Therefore, I’m just going to do my best to schedule posts whenever I get a big chunk of time (which I do occasionally), and stop apologizing ALL THE TIME (although you know I’ll still be sorry), because it takes SO MUCH TIME and I feel like I annoy/bore you all with it. Ahem. Moving to the actual post now.
If you couldn’t already tell from the title, I have “too many” books. In many senses of the term. Of course, a bookworm can never have too many books, but I guess what I’m getting at is that I’ve read too many books to blog about. Therefore, I have a ton of books (both good and bad) that I read lately and haven’t blogged about. Sad face. Some of you already knew this… Because I’m friends with you on Goodreads! (Hi, friends!) I keep my Goodreads challenge, to-read list, and currently-reading pretty up-to-date (because I have the app), so if you’re ever wondering if I’m dead, Goodreads is probably a good place to check. 😉 And okay, GR is just plain fun. Basically what I’m saying is that I’m on there ALL THE TIME and so… If you’re not friends with me on Goodreads, you should be! If you’re really curious about my books and which ones I’ve talked about, etc., check out my 2016 challenges page! Since I’m lazy (and probably most of you are too- admit it!), I’m going to do you a FAVOR and list quite a few of the ones I’ve never even MENTIONED on here. In other words, welcome to Amy’s catch-up Saturday Slash One day late Recently Finished Friday!
Since I’m not (that much of) a bad person, I will make all of these go really fast. Honest!
- The first book up here is Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs. I really enjoyed this one! I went on a serious “creepy book” kick for a while there, and got hooked on this series. I have also recently gotten a friend into them! *fist pump* The series ended really well, especially considering the fact that everyone was kind of (okay, a lot) all over the place, and I had no idea how he was going to make it all work out. 9.1/10
2. Next we have The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and OH MY GOSH DID YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE HER NAME??? I didn’t… Apparently it’s Steve-otter. I HAVE BEEN SAYING STIFE-VADER. Right. Well, the book was absolutely amazing. Essentially, Blue finds out that Gansey is going to die, and he’s either her true love, or she kills him. Of course, Blue has to go and befriend this guy, and all of his (somewhat sketchy) friends as well. Throughout the book, she really has no feelings for Gansey. In fact, she rather likes someone else… I desperately need to get the next book because this was just SO GOOD! 9.5/10
3. The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West was just the cutest. Even just reading the synopsis, you can pretty much tell what’s going to happen, but you don’t know how. And okay, it’s super cheesy. The cutesiest book of cutesy books. And it made my cheeks hurt. A lot. Too much smiling is not good for your health! 9/10
4. In Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger, Sophronia is recruited for a finishing school that not only teaches their students manners, but how to be spies! I was very surprised by the tone of this book. I guess I was looking for (and therefore expecting) something very similar to Ally Carter’s books, but Carriger’s voice is much more old-timey, matching with the time period. Although I prefer Ally Carter’s books (her characters are less annoying and picky about what they’re wearing), Sophronia is still totally hilarious and I do plan on continuing with the series. 7.9/10
5. Fallen by Lauren Kate is a book that I’m sure most, if not all of you recognize! The movie is coming out in September (I think), so of COURSE I had to read the book first! I was wary and nervous going into it, because I really did not know what to expect (and did not know what the big plot “twist” was about). However, I ended up really enjoying it. I can’t really say much more than that. I’m too distracted because MOVIE!!! OH! Important thing- If you look on Goodreads, 99% of the reviews are hate reviews, and it looks like everyone rated this book one star. THIS IS NOT TRUE. If you look at the actual ratings, the huge majority of people rated this book 4 or 5 stars. It is worth a shot, but go into it expecting a ROMANCE. THAT IS THE GENRE, PEOPLE. (See controversy on Twilight for why I’m seething right now) 8.5/10
Well, guys, this brings us to the end of this… er… post… that I really hope you enjoyed (but probably didn’t)! Hugs for all, add me on Goodreads, and please don’t be afraid to comment! Seriously. Don’t be shy. I LIKE TALKING TO PEOPLE (online, that is)!!! I will not bite! Usually! Love you all. 😄 Toodles!
Do you have this problem of reading too fast to blog about it? Are you on your way to friend me on Goodreads right now? You better be! How much did you love that Library of Souls quote on a scale from one to ten, huh??? Have you read any of the books I talked about here? Plan to? Did I change your mind? Did you like this kind of post, or would you rather I just do separate reviews for some? Tell me down in the comments! 🙂