Hello again! Amy here! Since you all received my last, er, catch-up Recently Finished Friday so well, I decided to do another one for this week! In case you missed the last post (cough cough), I’ll give you a quick run-down. I have tons of books that I haven’t had the chance to review on the blog (I’m reading faster than I can review!), so I’m doing the shortest of reviews here in consecutive order, because some of these books really deserve the attention! If you want to see the full total of books that I’ve read/want to read, look at my 2016 challenges page! I keep Goodreads updated the best, so be sure to friend me on there as well. Let’s get started!
- Dissonance by Erica O’Rourke was SUCH an interesting read. It absolutely captivated me. Fortunately, I have a copy of it now (see my book haul), because I will definitely be recommending this to friends! The idea of the multiverse is just so interesting, and of course there is always the question of whether or not the echoes are real, and if they matter. 9/10
- AHHHHHH THE 100 BY KASS MORGAN IS JUST SO GOOD!!!! As I’ve mentioned before, I’m also in the process of watching the TV show, and both (although polar opposites) are incredibly amazing. Like, hello- nuclear war, stuck in space, running out of oxygen, juvenile delinquents??? What’s not to
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn was also a book purchased in the aforementioned book haul. Although it was still enjoyable, the book spiraled too far out of control for me to truly love it. It started out as an innocent childhood mistake, with Gemma having made enemies in her old town, and turned into this epic revenge war. I still have yet to decide whether or not I’ll be reading the next book. 6.8/10
- Storm Siren by Mary Weber was quite interesting! I even drew myself a copy of the map, and have already lent it to two friends. Essentially, Nym is a slave with incredible powers that usually only boys have- and they are almost always killed. Of course, there is a terrible war going on, and only she has the power to stop it. And BAM CRAZY LOVE INTEREST TWISTS! 8.9/10
- Get Happy by Mary Amato, contrary to my first thoughts upon hearing of the book, has nothing to do with drugs (thank the Lord), but rather a company for birthday parties. Minerva ends up getting a job there, all the while navigating all the crazy ins and outs of high school life, wanting a ukulele, never understanding her mother, and resenting her father for leaving them. Unfortunately, I didn’t really enjoy this one. It was quite slow until towards the end, when it all came together in a jumble. I guess I was expecting/hoping it would be more like Guitar Notes, which it definitely wasn’t. However, the ending was still fairly satisfying. 5.7/10
Again, I hope you guys enjoyed this week’s crazy catch-up RFF! Again, let me know what you think down in the comments! I can always use some constructive criticism. XD Toodles!
Have you friended me on Goodreads yet? Have you read any of the books mentioned? Plan to? Did I change your mind? Do you agree/disagree with me on ratings of any of the books? What is your opinion on these catch-up posts? Do tell! 😉