Hey guys! I don’t usually do Top Ten Tuesdays anymore, but I saw Jocelyn @ 52 Letters in the Alphabet do one that looked really fun, so I decided to check out the topics! It looks to me like I’ll probably be doing them for the majority of June and the very beginning of July. Right, let’s get started!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish in June 2010.
The topic for this week is Ten Reasons I Love X. Now, I really loved Jocelyn’s idea of contemporary romances (really, you should check out her posts!) but I did, FINALLY, decide on a topic. 🙂
Ten Five Reasons I Love Sorting My Bookshelves
Yeah, it’s kind of a weird topic, but OH. WELL.
- I’m a perfectionist? So… The result. Which right now, is pretty great. It’s all alphabetized by author’s last name! Here’s a (somewhat recent but not really) shelfie.
- IT’S SO RELAXING!!! Sometimes I have a ton of stuff to put away in my bookshelves, but other times, I have nothing. And yet, I can still make work to do because every minute or two, I just stop and sigh. I love my babies (hint: I have three types of babies- my books, my laptop, and my dog. Guess which this is.) so much.
- (Okay, this is just a nice side effect, but still.) Physical exercise, people! Whoever said bookworms never got any exercise were WRONG. In a BIG WAY. Books. Are heavy. As a matter of fact (prepare yourself for a huge freak-out), I just got City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare and A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas from the library. OMG I JUST GOT ACOMAF I’M DYING RIGHT NOW HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY BODY I’M SHAKING AND I HAVEN’T BLINKED IN LIKE A MINUTE AND I’M GOING TO CRY AND MY MOUTH WON’T CLOSE AND MY MOUTH IS LIKE HALF SCREAMING HALF HYPERVENTILATING AAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Ahem. To take stock of my books! You see, I’m always wanting to recommend books to people (of course) but a bunch of them don’t have library cards… Or money. So I lend them my books. I’m trying to be better about lending stuff out because it is mighty convenient and all! (I actually just lent out a bunch of books to my little cousin Bekah- Nikki’s little sister.)
- Um, hello? It’s fun! The more time spent in the company of books, the better. Sigh. I could smell you all day, my beauties.
Do you guys enjoying sorting your bookshelves? (Do you sort your bookshelves?) What are your methods? Can I see a picture (you can’t see me right now but my eyes are really wide and purposeful. Hint hint this would be amazing and I would love you forever.)??? Why do you love/like/not love sorting books? Toodles!