Hello again! It’s Tuesday again, and you know what that means- it’s time for Top Ten Tuesday!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year
(Whoops- a little note, I didn’t see the releases bit. Looks like you’re stuck with books on my TBR!)
1) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas! First, these aren’t in any particular order, and there’s a good chance I’ll leave some out, because these are just the first that come to mind. Anyhoo, I’m kind of cheating with this one. It just arrived today (which is not really today, seeing as how I’m scheduling this on the seventh. Sorry not sorry….) from the library, so I probably will have read it by this point. But alas, it is highly anticipated. I am literally squirming like I have to pee my pants (I promise you, I don’t).
2) Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare. I own it and it’s currently sitting in a stack on my bookshelf (it’s rather sparse right now, so my unread books are in stacks on the bottom shelf), but as of this moment I have not read City of Heavenly Fire, so I’ve been literally unable to read it. BUT OMIGOSH IT’S SO PRETTY AND SO BIG!!!
3) Heartless by Marissa Meyer- Is it possible to be in an author hangover? I read Winter (OH THE FEELS COME BACK) and just powered into other amazing books. Then I read Stars Above. Guys. There is an epilogue-y type thing in there. There was a marriage. There was a proposal. I CANNOT HANDLE THIS KIND OF HAPPINESS. I need to read this book because… Do I really need to say more?
4) Looking For Alaska by John Green- I have been told by a VERY reliable source (AKA Nikki) that this is the best book by John Green. Also everyone seems to love it. YES PLEASE.
5) The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Forester- This book was HIGHLY recommended to me by BOTH Nikki AND her sister Bekah, and you all know, their word is gold. I don’t actually know anything about this book, other than the obvious- well, the girl can fly.
6) After by Anna Todd- Another book recommended by Nikki. She has been pushing this one at me for about a year now… I definitely would’ve picked it up by now, except for the fact that I need to buy it! I plan on getting a copy. Very soon.
7) Uprooted by Naomi Novik- AHHHHH I have seen this ALL OVER the bookish whatchamacallit and EEK it looks so delicious. I need it. Now.
8) A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray -May I just say THE COVER OH MY GOSH!!! And I mean, it was recommended by Nikki. Multiple times. So. Why do I feel like there is a pattern here…
9) The Cage by Megan Sheperd- This book just looks so interesting, and I’ve been trying to buy it since last Christmas. I actually did once, but something funky happened with Amazon. Boo Amazon!!!
10) The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh!!!!! AHHHHH (yes another one of those) I read the first book and I just loved it. So much. My heart hurt. I can’t believe I forgot to put this in before now because the feels. ARE COMING BACK.
Thanks to everyone for bearing with me throughout this odd, strange, whatever you want to call it, Nikki-filled (not like that’s a bad thing) post! Tell me about your top reads for the rest of 2015! Did any of mine make your list? Speak! Loudly! In the comments!!! Toodles! 🙂