Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
In order from most loved on down (considering the fact that I’ve really not read that many books published this year), I present to you…
Top Five Favorite 2016 Releases So Far This Year
1) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas- Any of you who have been in touch with me through Instagram, Goodreads, or Twitter (hint hint go say hi!) will know that I absolutely LOVED this book. I’ve been raving about it ever since I finished those last 15 pages. Sarah J. Maas sure knows how to kill someone. Both figuratively and literally. GAH I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK!!! LOOK AT THIS BEAUTY!!!!!
2) It’s All Your Fault by Paul Rudnick- I absolutely adored this book! I actually did a review on it, a while back. It was so REAL, and I really related to the main character, and her troubles of staying true to herself and pleasing her family, while still having fun and being able to enjoy spending time with Heller.
3) Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto- Somehow I don’t think I ever got around to reviewing this one. Which makes me an idiot. I mean, come ON! There are CANNIBALS. ENOUGH SAID.
4) Stars Above by Marissa Meyer- This book would have been okay, except for the short story that takes place after Winter. Yeah. I was DYING. GUYS IT WAS SO GREAT.
5) Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard- Now, I had a rather tough time with this one. I read Red Queen and went back and forth for a few months on whether I loved or hated it. At this point, I’m thinking that I need to reread it and base my opinion on that. Now, Glass Sword is complicated. It kept me interested in the plot, etc., but Mare was quite annoying for much of it. She made stupid mistakes, and occasionally contradicted herself on whether or not she trusted people. However, I quite enjoyed it, in the long run.
Anyhoo, I know I’ve been kind of absent from the blog lately. I’m working on it (it’s involving Netflix and a couple of really good shows that I’m just about finished binge-watching) and I hope to talk more with all of you and to just have more interaction in general across all of the platforms I have, social media and otherwise. Have a great day, and be sure to talk to me all about what you think of these books and what you’re currently reading/just read in the comments! Toodles!