Okay. Wow. *clears throat* Let’s do a proper introduction, shall we?
Hey guys, it’s Amy! I’m a LITTLE more than a LITTLE nervous? I’m not really sure why. But I feel like this is a huge moment. I’ve never had enough to talk about in my month to do a monthly wrap-up, and I always see people doing them. Anyhoo… I suppose I should share some of my stats for the month with you!
Basically, August was my best blogging month ever. I started to really use my schedule (until school started and I freaked out, but I think I’ve got it under control now), and I got a total of 16 posts published. Not to mention…. Double the views of an average month for me. And 518 visitors. I’m just looking at my stats, and I know they’re not supposed to mean much, but my stats from day to day aren’t what truly make me smile. It’s the things that add up. I still feel like a newbie blogger (and I always have a hard time not introducing myself as one) which is ironic because I feel like I’m starting to have a larger presence in the blogosphere. I hit 700 (and 750 too!) followers this month, which is honestly…. I don’t even know what to say. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry or both! I guess I never thought I would get this far, and I can’t even picture how that is even possible. Thank you so much! I know I haven’t made a post for 500+ followers (even though I wanted to); Nikki and I have big plans, which we hope to enact soon! Anyway. ENOUGH OF THE GUSHY STUFF.
I HAD 204 COMMENTS. Okay, granted, I like to talk back to you guys, so that’s about 102. 102 COMMENTS. INTERACTION IS THE BEST. I LIKE TO TALK, SO I’M GLAD YOU GUYS LIKE TO TALK BACK TOO.
My top countries: The U.S., the U.K., and Australia! Woot woot! Go Australia! You’re moving up in the ranks (literally)!
My top posts:
- My #ReadThemAllThon TBR
- My review for Diamond Bonds by Jeff Kish
- The Library Checkout Meme
- My ginormous Book Outlet haul
- My list of Netflix recommendations
Books and the like:
I read 16 books, absolutely hated a “timeless old classic” (AKA Old Yeller; feel free to either scream at me or agree with me in the comments), went through a huge slump because of said classic, denied it because I was still technically reading said classic, tried to ban myself from the library, failed, and became queen of run-on sentences. I’m now up to exactly 100 books read, and I’m… 20 books behind schedule. HELP. ME. Aside from the aforementioned Book Outlet Haul, I also bought a bunch of other books from other places, which I will hopefully get a book haul up for soon.
Ah, well, social media was basically a flop. HowEVER, I shall share my flop.
- On Twitter, I’m up to 295 followers (HINT HINT GO FOLLOW ME TWITTER IS FANTASTIC FOR SOCIALIZING). And I sent out a query for guest bloggers! And got one! I’m still looking for more, though. HINT HINT. Oh, who am I kidding? IF YOU WANT TO GUEST POST ON MY BLOG, COMMENT BELOW ABOUT IT.
- On Instagram, I attempted to participate in #BooksFaithLoveAug16. It lasted…. Oh, I don’t know. Four days? Ish? Yeah. Fail. Maybe October I’ll do a monthly challenge? *shrug*
- On Tumblr, well, I basically learned how to use it! I figured out that I actually have a Tumblr “blog”, and that my dashboard was not my Tumblr! Who knew! So now, it’s purple and pretty. And I occasionally repost stuff that’s interesting and/or hilarious and/or bookish.
- As I found thanks to Cait @ Paper Fury’s August Recap, Carrie @ Paper Bindings is hosting the Insta Awards! It took me AGES (I mean, I could write a review in that amount of time) to figure out, but I finally came up with all of my answers. And most of them were different, too! *is proud of self* I believe nominations end sometime today, so hurry over there!
I’ve also temporarily stopped accepting review requests. I’m just going to catch up on the ones that I’ve got (as I’m starting to get more and more) and then I’ll be up and running again! But speaking of review requests- the Book Reviewer Yellow Pages is taking submissions for 2017, so if you’re interesting in being in that book, you should definitely head over there!
Hmmmm…. I dunno, guys, I’m not so great at this recap thing. XD (Also, I promise I’m not sponsored by anyone I give constant links to. I just really like spreading the love. I’m nice like that. I’ll let you know if anything like that ever happens- which it probably won’t.) Anyhoo, I hope you’re all doing well, and that you enjoyed this August recap even though it was halfway into September! 😉 Let me know what I forgot, or simply what you’re interested in seeing next month, because if all goes well, I’d love to continue doing this monthly. Alright, toodles! 😀