SOB. I HAD TO ACTUALLY, LITERALLY, LOG IN TO WORDPRESS BECAUSE I WAS GONE SO LONG. YOU GUYS. I’M SO EXCITED I CAN BARELY TYPE. OH, AND OF COURSE, IT’S AMY. I HOPE YOU GUYS HAVEN’T ALL UNSUBSCRIBED BECAUSE I WAS GONE SO LONG. OH NO. OH. NO. DID I LITERALLY JUST SAY UNSUBSCRIBED??? OH NO…. I’VE BEEN WATCHING SO MUCH YOUTUBE. THIS IS CRAZY. OKAY THE ENTIRE POST WILL JUST BE CAPS AND NONE OF YOU WILL UNDERSTAND ME UNLESS I MAKE THIS INTO A NICE LITTLE ORGANIZED LIST FOR YA, SO HERE GOES.
Okay. I’m all set with my Daily Mix #1 from Spotify (it’s only on mobile, but GUESS WHAT SPOTIFY. I CAN JUST USE MY LAPTOP AS A DEVICE. Hashtag still listening on my laptop. Hashtag what am I doing. Hashtag I love the mixes and you should all check it out if you haven’t already. I didn’t turn into a hashtag obsessee while I was gone! I’m just weird, okay?)
- I was going to number these, but there’s no actual order. Well, sort of. OH WELL. LET’S DO THIS THING. First of all, it was really hard for me to even announce that I was leaving in the first place. You should all be so proud of me. Immediately after doing so, I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I mean it. I love blogging, but I just NEEDED A BREAK. So then I was all happy with myself… And I discovered all the weird little things about wordpress. Such as: If you take your website (of course, mine is abookwormsperfectapple.wordpress.com) and add /wp-admin/ at the end, you get A WHOLE NEW CONTROL SITE THINGIE FOR YOUR BLOG. WITH A TON OF FEATURES. INCLUDING EMAIL POSTS. HOW COOL IS THAT. Basically, you should try this, because it’s so incredibly interesting.
- And after that, I went into the whole customize phase. I went through all of my little widgets and stuff, reorganized stuff, added a bunch of stuff, took a couple of things away/minimized them, and just generally had a totally “FAB” time.
- Then, I totally lied to myself. I thought, “tomorrow, I will start reading all the posts in my tabs”. (Spoiler alert: I didn’t.)
- I, uh, got obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy? Whoops??? So APPARENTLY, the first season is only 9 episodes, but all the REST of the TWELVE SEASONS are 25ish. When I say ish, I don’t mean 20. I mean TWENTY-EIGHT. THAT IS A LOT OF EPISODES. I’m not going to bother checking what episode I’m on because I’m just too lazy (that’s also a lie…. I just don’t want to accidentally get sucked in), but I’m towards the end of season three.
- One night, I see a Twitter notification (I always have them on for read-a-thon accounts, because I LOVE READ-A-THONS. SO MUCH. EVEN THOUGH I FAIL AT THEM AND OCCASIONALLY THEY STRESS ME OUT. OH MY GOSH, THAT DESCRIBES MY ENTIRE LIFE.) for the Hogwarts House Cup Read-a-thon. So I was just kind of like… Whoops? I started tweeting that I was in a big reading slump and I just basically said hi to like two people. I then clicked on someone’s thing about the read-a-thon (I’m sorry, I totally don’t remember who), and they were talking about how they were going to do their best, but some of the challenges, like reading a book every day, would be physically impossible for them. So I commented, basically saying I was in the same situation, because HELLO. I was in a huge reading slump and I was reading this book (Far Far Away by Tom McNeal, I think) that was for a book club thing at my library. And I was so not into it, and only about a quarter of a way through. There was no way I was going to finish that. So I just ignored it and went back to Grey’s. I then decided at like TEN (two hours to finish some kind of book… While in a major reading slump and actually needing to go to bed ASAP?) that I was GOING TO FINISH A BOOK. I COULD DO THIS. I found a short book… And lo and behold, it was Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie. I’ve actually (ironically) been putting off reading this book for the longest time. Because, I mean, it looks like a middle school boy’s type of book. AKA not good enough for me, because apparently I’ve turned into this crazy picky critic. *shrug* I start frantically reading, and quickly get sucked in. I get about 50 pages in (I think) until I just stop and go to bed. (My mom forced me. Oh, the joys of being a teen….) So needless to say, I did not finish the book. BUT- I did get sucked in, and I was completely invested in this book now. It took me about three days to finish, but I am now completely on track for my normal reading schedule. OH, BOOKS, HOW I MISSED YOU. Okay, wow, I got totally off track. I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY THIS MIGHT BE A REALLY LONG POST. SORRY NOT SORRY.
- After this whole Hogwarts House Cup thing, I realized it had been a REALLY long time since I’d heard anything about Blogwarts. Turns out, Anthony had stopped posting about everything on his blog, and it was all on the forums. Whoops! So… Yeah, that happened.
- OH. Also- while I was on Twitter (see the longest bullet point ever just above) I remembered the Blog Ahead challenge…. Which of course I haven’t even started. OOPS. Well, I’m back now, so hopefully I can start working on it!!!
- Okay, so my grandma was born in this little bitsy town (pop. 800- It’s actually smaller than Nikki’s town. I mean, I didn’t even know that was possible.) about three hours from where I live, so me, my parents and brother, my uncle, one of my cousins, and my grandparents go there for a weekend every year. We go the same weekend every year, and on the drive I realized that driving is SO INCREDIBLY BORING WITHOUT BOOKS. I mean, I had books, I just wasn’t reading. I absolutely LOVE long drives. They give me time to catch up on everything, and I just love losing myself in the endless time. (Clearly, I don’t actually do any driving. I just get to be comfy in the backseat.) While I was at this little bitsy place, my uncle took a bunch of pictures which were absolutely gorgeous, and I realized they would be perfect for background pictures for the blog. SO I WANT TO START TAKING PICTURES. Not all the time, just sometimes, just to spruce things up a bit. 🙂
- And then, on Thursday, I went down the YouTube rabbit hole. I took a break from all that Grey’s, and I went to my favorite YouTuber (Miss Fenderr) and then drifted to JennaMarbles, which took me to The Gabbie Show. IF YOU DON’T WATCH ALL OF THESE PEOPLE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIVES. HEAVEN FORBID YOU BE SOCIALIZING. OR READING. Basically, I’ve been watching The Gabbie Show non-stop since then. It’s amazing. She just posted a new video today… And it’s SO COOL.
- Okay, I’m looking at the word count… Don’t say I didn’t warn you! Anyway, the final thing is- the whole 25 days I was gone (HAS IT REALLY BEEN THAT LONG??? WORDPRESS, YOU LIAR!) I just really missed you guys. I started talking to myself. A lot. And continually thinking of blog ideas and what I was going to do when I got back. So uh, it’s probably best if I don’t turn into a crazy psychopath? This blog is actually most likely good for my health. As for the whole talking to myself thing, I think I may ask for a video camera for Christmas. I mentioned this once or twice before, but again, I ask for your opinion! If I made a YouTube channel, would you watch it?
Hopefully some of you stuck around, and hopefully I don’t sound too much like a YouTuber…. (but honestly, I definitely like the word “subscriber” a lot more than “follower”) Again, let me know down in the comments! I MISSED YOU ALL. SO MUCH. I CAN’T TELL YOU THAT ENOUGH. AND I TOTALLY LIED ABOUT BEING ON SOCIAL MEDIA. WHOOPS. TALK TO ME. SAY HI. I’M DESPERATE FOR HUMAN AFFECTION. OR ANY SORT OF CONTACT. WHATEVER. TOODLES!