Hey guys, it’s Amy! At the beginning of 2016, I decided to do a BUNCH of reading challenges. And I do mean a bunch. I’ve been (mostly) keeping track of them on this page, but I thought I would give an official update… For the midpoint of the year? Or, uh, my rush at the end because I’m not even close to done? In any case, this is my progress so far.
Goodreads Challenge: (Goal 175 books)
I won’t list them all here, but I am a good way into this one. Unfortunately, I’m also EXTREMELY BEHIND. So, you know…. I should probably just start binge reading and avoiding this blog. But hey, where’s the fun in that?
Read the Books You Buy: (Goal 60-80%; Maximizing Returns)
I’ve done pretty well so far! I’ve read 31 books that I’ve bought, and still have 30 that I haven’t read. Not terrible, not great… 31/61 is 51%! I might actually be able to do this one… If I ever stop buying books! The ones I have yet to read:
- A Night Divided
- So Close to You
- What Goes Around
- Along For the Ride
- Ruby Red
- The Prophet of Yonwood
- The Year of Shadows
- The Green Man
- Falling Under
- Shadow Falls
- The Last Good Day of the Year
- The Shock of the Fall
- Mystic City
- Proof of Forever
- Shut Out
- All Four Stars
- I’ll Give You the Sun
- Unknown book 2
- The Lightning Queen
- Roar & Liv
Mount TBR Reading Challenge: (Goal 12 books; Pike’s Peak)
- The One Safe Place
- Raven’s Gate
- See You At Harry’s
- Mama Cried
- A Wrinkle in Time
- Old Yeller
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie
I’m pretty close with this one too; I definitely think I can read a couple more books!
Charity Reading Challenge– Goal 25 cents per book read this year (I’m just a little bit broke)
I’m going to work this one out at the very end of the year, so I’ll keep you posted!
I Love Libraries: ACHIEVED (Goal 50 books; Just insert IV)
I’ve given up on counting for this one. I’m way over. I’m basically obsessed with the library, okay? *crawls back into library hole*
Popsugar Challenge: (Goal all challenges)
Ah, well, I’m not doing so great with this one. I mean… I’m working on it? There are forty challenges total, but I’m just going to list the ones I have to read. Hopefully that gives you an idea of where I’m at. 🙂
- Fairy Tale- Cruel Beauty
- National Book Awards Winner- Challenger Deep
- YA Bestseller- Looking for Alaska
- Book from
high school(I didn’t really start reading Young Adult until I started this blog, so this is the book that got me moving along that path) a while ago (?)- The Immortal Rules
- Set in your home
- Translated to English- Inkheart
- Set in Europe- Daughter of Smoke and Bone
- Under 150 Pages- In the Forests of the Night (or novella?)
- New York Times Bestseller- Six of Crows
- Recommended by Someone You Just Met- Finnikin of the Rock (courtesy of Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy)
- Self-Improvement- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! (I am doubtful on this one, but here is the Goodreads link)
- Book by Celebrity- An Author’s Odyssey (by Chris Colfer)
- Political Memoir- I am Malala (er, shortened version?)
- Over 100 Years Older Than You- Emma
- Oprah’s Book Club- A Curse Dark as Gold
- Your Occupation (I call myself a reader. I’m not an assassin or a queen. But that would be cool. Sorry for the disappointment)- Empire of Storms
- Book and Prequel- Under the Never Sky and Roar & Liv
- Book Written by a Comedian- Hyperbole and a Half (recommended by Anthony @ A Very Awkward Blog)
- Book of Poetry-
- Classic From the 20th Century- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Road Trip- The Alchemist (recommended by Bhramori @ The Crazy Perfectionist)
Reads the Books Challenge: (I was not comfortable with/interested in all of these, plus many are repeats from the Popsugar challenge, so I just picked out my favorites)
I chose 16 of these, and I still have 5 to go!
- Read a book you saw on Instagram- Shiver
- Draw your favorite an amazing scene from
your favoritean amazing book
- Read a book with a terrible cover- Finnikin of the Rock
- Read a nonfiction book-
- Read #13 in your Goodreads TBR- Famous in Love
Read Harder Challenge (what I said for the last challenge again applies to this one):
I picked seven of these, and I’ve only read four so far.
- Read a post-apocalyptic novel- The Forest of Hands and Teeth
- Listen to an audiobook that has won an Audie Award- Egg & Spoon
- Read a book with a main character that has a mental illness- Challenger Deep
I also decided at the beginning of May that I was going to do the 2016 Bookish Bingo Challenge because it was too fun-looking to resist. Honestly, I am not right in the head.
Obviously, I picked all of the spaces for bingo, which there are currently 32 of (not including the free space). I only have three left to finish!
- Read a book you DNF’ed or forgot to finish- Inkheart
- Read a book set outside of Earth- This Shattered World
- Read a book translated from another language- Inkheart
That’s it! Wow, I feel like my reading is so puny when it’s listed this way. 😉 I’m still looking for books (hint hint cough cough recommendations appreciated) for a book of poetry, an autobiography, and a nonfiction book. Also, as of right now, I’m almost positive that I’ll just be participating in the Around the Year in 52 Books challenge for 2017, because it looks super awesome and all of the various challenges this year were pretty overwhelming. I’ll probably still do things like the “read the books you buy” and “mount TBR” challenges though, because I. MUST. DO. THAT.
In any case, I hope you guys enjoyed this or at least weren’t bored out of your minds! Let me know if you’re curious about any of these books, or if you have any RECOMMENDATIONS, or if you host a challenge you think I’d be interested in! Or, you know, just say hi! 🙂 Toodles!