(And it seems to smell a lot like books…) Hey guys, it’s Amy! So… My last book haul was pretty insane. As in, really insane. As in, over twenty books. This time, I’ve managed to collect a bunch, but only over the course of the fall. Mostly. And from a bunch of different places. Usually. In any case, I’ll sort them by the place I got them from! (I’ll link to most of the places as well; I had a really good experience with them!)
(All of the books are new, but I got these from the discount section, so they were both under five dollars. The check-out line takes forever, but it’s worth it!)
- Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell- This book was so haunting. It’s about a serial killer. Who is in high school. And basically insane. IT’S SO COOL.
- Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano- This was actually purely a cover buy. And I mean, can you blame me? It turned out to be really good, too; it was a dystopian based on an island in the sky.
(A used book store, with a few good shelves full of YA)
- Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier- I haven’t read this one yet, but it’s been on my TBR for quite a while, and it looks super interesting.
(A used/new book store that practically never ends, which also sells DVDs and records and basically never ends. Especially if you visit the basement. It’s insane.)
- The Prophet of Yonwood by Jeanne DuPrau- I’ve read the first two books and haven’t been able to find a copy of the third, so this was super exciting!
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld- I really liked Uglies, and this is just so beautiful…. I couldn’t resist. 🙂
(My mom was helping man the book fair, so I had her buy me a couple. Thanks, Mom!)
- The Lightning Queen by Laura Resau- I honestly have no idea what this book is about. Don’t get me wrong, I knew what it was about when I bought it…. I’ve just totally forgot.
- Frost by M.P. Kozlowsky- I mean, look at that cover! I don’t really remember what this one is about either, but if it’s as delicious as the cover, I mean….
(Ah, how I love the library! These are all free, because I go to their teen book-club-ish-type-things-etc., and they just happen to give away free books.)
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson- Nikki has been trying to get me to read this book for AGES. And, I mean, it was free? Why not?
- The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel- The librarians were recommending me this book, and the cover looks amazing. I want.
- The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel- I can’t very well get the first one and not the second, now can I?
And last but most certainly not least…
(This is my all-time favorite bookstore. We passed through Nashville while on vacation, and I just had to check out a bookstore. We found this one and gave up on exploring the rest… There are dogs there to pet, so many genres, staff picks, nice workers who will give you fantastic barbecue recommendations, and SO MANY YA BOOKS. And signed books. Those too. Not to mention their own subscription box, which I was super tempted to sign up for. And DID I MENTION ALL OF THE AMAZING BOOKS THERE. SERIOUSLY.)
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson- I got this one because it looked like a “fun murder mystery”, meaning it just has a really light-hearted feel to it. It turned out to be pretty creepy and super interesting. With ghosts. Totally worth it!
- Where Futures End by Parker Peevyhouse- This book has what I call the best blurb I have ever read. It gave me chills as soon as I read it, and there was no way I could not buy it. It was a really interesting read, too. Totally different from anything I’ve ever seen!
I think it’s safe to say I have not been shy with my wallet lately when it comes to books. I should probably slow down a little bit…. BUT THE BOOKS. THEY ARE CALLING.
Have you guys read any of these books? Plan to? What did you think? Have you ever been to any of these stores? What are your favorite places to get books? Let me know down in the comments! I love to hear from you guys. Toodles!